Friday, July 12, 2013

Fran

I woke up a bit before the alarm this morning and had a premonition that today's WOD would be Fran.  And I said to myself, "If it's Fran, I'm not going!".  And then I turned over and grabbed my phone to check the CFJ website and sure enough, it was Fran.

Crap. 

It was too dark to go running alone, and I was already awake so I forced myself to go get it over with.  (  I did run a 400 before class.) 

This WOD makes me sick to my stomach.  My heart rate goes up just thinking about it.  I haven't had a decent Fran time, ever.  And my "best" was over 3 years ago at 9:25 - not stellar by any means.

I thought of scaling the weight for thrusters but Breck talked me back into the Rx weight.  I just need to figure out how to push through that burning agony around rep 15 on the set of 21.  It kills!

"Fran"

21-15 & 9 rep rounds of:

Thruster (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
Pull-ups

My time:  11:08, Rx

I'm glad to have that behind me for a while.

Strength today was front squats

rep scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
my loads:  65-75-85-95-105-115-125

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment