Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ouch!

90 toes to bar + sweat + chalk = blisters that tear open in the third round

Yeah...ouch!  I could feel my fingers blistering around rep 15 in the third round.  It was all I could do to make myself finish the round.  I knew if I kept going the blisters would get bigger and then tear open.  I just gives me the heebie jeebies feeling the blister rubbing back and forth knowing it's going to rip open any second.  Ugh!  Well it finally happened with about 7 reps left.  I guess that's not horrible.  Thankfully I didn't bleed.  Just some loose skin to tear off.  Yuck.

Anyway....

3 Rounds for time of:

30 Toes to bar
21 Ground to overhead (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time:  21:31, Rx

I figured out how to kip toes to bar again - briefly.  It seems once my forearms fatigue it's hard to maintain it.  I managed to kip 7 ttb in the first round and 5 in the second but that was it.  I had some doubles but other than that, it was single, single, single, single, single...

I did all power snatches on the ground to overhead.  It's the most efficient (in my opinion) so I went with it.  65 is a manageable weight for power snatch. 

Glad that's over with. 

Tomorrow sounds scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment