Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mmmm...Squat Cleans!

I was dog tired this morning, but I knew we were going to have squat cleans (& jerks) today, so I got my butt out of bed and headed on down to CFJ to get me some!

12-9-6 Rep rounds for time:

Squat clean and jerk (Men 155 lbs, Women 105 lbs)
Bar facing burpees

My time:  17:20, Rx!

I haven't done a heavy Rx WOD in a long time.  I usually scale down to something comfortable.  I had every intention of scaling today, as well, until Andy made me feel guilty.  (I'm quite capable of  putting up 105#, but I knew my time would be ridiculously slow at that weight.)  So, I threw some 10's on and went for it.

The first 12 reps went okay and then the burpees were ridiculous.  I was so sweaty I was sliding around on the lifting platform like a mud wrestling contest.  Ha ha - gross!!!  For the round of 9 & 6 I moved my bar out so I wasn't sliding all over the place.   

My hope was to finish in 15 minutes, but no such luck.  However, I felt like I kept a decent enough pace, and got a good workout.

Strength today was Squat Clean & Jerk:

10 singles

My loads:  55-65-75-85-90-95-100-105-120-125



No comments:

Post a Comment