Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I know, it's January 12 already.  

I'm going to try and blog at least once a week this year.  Maybe get back to every day.  But we'll see how it goes.

I've been away from CFJ for almost 3 weeks.  We left for the Virgin Islands on December 23, and I did very little exercise while there.  A 5 mile hike here, some beach running there, and I considered snorkeling exercise, so I count that.  Lots and lots of walking.  But nothing to keep a body in condition like CrossFit does.  It was nice to have a break from it, but every day I kept thinking how tough it was going to be coming back.  And actually, it wasn't so bad!

WOD

15min AMRAP:
5 Pull-ups RX+ Strict C2B
15 Wallballs 20/14 10’/9′ RX+ 20/14 11/10′ 55+ 20/10 9′
30 Double unders
60ft Bear Crawl RX+ 30ft Handstand Walk

My total:  3 rds + 22 Double Unders

This was a nice WOD to ease me back into things.  I did fairly well on double-unders, and used a lighter wall ball, 10#.  No wait! It was 8#.  Oops.  I posted 10 on the website.  Oh well...honest mistake.

The bear crawls are just so awkward...crawling around with your ass in the air.  Complete loss of dignity.  Ha ha!!

Finisher was core work - I just did one round.  Good enough for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment