Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hello Blogland!

It's been forever since I felt like blogging.
Seriously I should shut this down.  I think I'll try to keep it alive until the end of the year and then call it a day.

I used to network with other CrossFit peeps in other places via this blog, but that has long since died off.  And...although I'm still loving CrossFit, I do keep records of my workouts elsewhere.  The one thing is, this is a great place to refer back to for PR's.  There has to be some other method I could quickly access on my phone to keep up with my PR's.  Idk...

Anyway.  It's cold.  And I despise cold weather.  I wish I lived in a warmer place.

My husband and I had  recently been thinking of moving to the Virgin Islands.  Retire early, rent a place down there, get jobs doing bar tending, waiting tables, etc. (until we can actually draw on retirement funds) and just live the island life on our days off.  But, we weighed every side of the issue and, sadly, here we still are.  Living in the frozen tundra of Tulsa, OK.

As a consolation, I bargained for several vacations per year when we do retire in a few years.  So, there's that.  I'd still love to sell it all and just head south, but the reality is, life is expensive down there and medical care (as we age this is important) isn't what we have here. 

So, I actually have been working out diligently.  It's all on the CFJ blog as proof that I still drag my ass out of bed at 4:30 every morning, Monday through Friday. 

I have also, against my better judgement, signed up to compete at Battle Over Redlands III.  I'm excited and nervous, as usual.  It's always a fun competition.  And what else did I have to do that weekend?   Ha ha!

Today's WOD:
9-7-5 Rep rounds for time of:
Dumbbell squat clean
Dumbbell thruster
Bar muscle up (substitute burpee pull-ups if you don’t have the bar muscle up)

My time:  9:31, 25# db & burpee pull ups

Strength was Dumbbell Bear Complex
5 deadlifts
5 hang cleans
5 shoulder to overhead
5 front squats
My loads:  12-15-20-25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment