Monday, November 17, 2014

Manic Monday

Out of the blue this morning, I really thought I was was having a nervous breakdown. About two minutes before I finished the WOD, this stupid song came on and instantly I was taken back to a time when I was at rock bottom...literally on my knees in my kitchen floor, ten years ago, a crying mess of a person ready to start over.

It took everything I had in me to finish that workout today without bursting into tears, but I drew on all the misery I experienced back then, and pushed through it.  And here I am, better for the experience.  See, sometimes you just think you've dealt with things in your past.  And sometimes you find out you've just pushed things aside to deal with later.  Today was one of those days.  I made it to my car and cried it out on the way home - something I should have done long ago.  Acknowledging my failures and the victory of overcoming them purely by the grace of God.   Powerful stuff.

I'm a totally different person today than I was ten years ago.  Stronger, both mentally and physically.  I was unprepared for this to happen today, but really it did me some good to look back on that point in time and realize how far I've come in life.  Life is good.  And CrossFit is good therapy.  ;)

WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:
10 Strict bar dips
15 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (95#,65#)
20 Lateral barbell jumps

My time:  13:39


I did "jumping" bar dips.  Such a big weakness, but I'm not giving up.  The SDHP felt pretty good.  Tried not to break them up too much but ended up doing just that toward the end.  The lateral jumps were huge for me - no pain whatsoever in my leg!  I think that fracture is completely healed.  Yay!!

Strength was 20 min EMOM
even:  5 ttb
odd:  3 thrusters @ 80#

No comments:

Post a Comment