Thursday, July 17, 2014

Barbara

Yikes!  This is a tough one.  Body weight, five rounds...just a good old fashioned "gut it out" CrossFit WOD.  My major hurdle was making the decision to do it Rx or scale it.  I decided to go for it!

“Barbara”
5 Rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats
Rest precisely 3 minutes between rounds.
Post time for each of the 5 rounds to responses.

My total time:  57:55, Rx - PR
My Rounds:
8:28
9:04
9:24
9:14
9:42


I have only done this one time prior and that was in September of 2008.  At the time I couldn't do a legit pull up.  I was doing jumping pull ups, and I was probably doing "girl" push ups then too.  In 2008, I finished in 51:25.  Today, I did it all, as legit as I possibly could - I'm sure I had a couple snakey push ups in there, but I tried my best to stay tight.  I think I'd call today an improvement, even though I was slower. 

The last 10-12 pull ups were agony.  I could feel blisters forming.  Then I could feel the skin start to move, and then it finally tore.  I wasn't about to give up that close to the finish, though, so I just tried not to grip with those two fingers and finished it off. 

And in other news....I kind of already knew this, but today it was confirmed by an actual professional - I have a stress fracture.  Again!  Damn it.  I am going to return to a more traditional running shoe for anything over just 400m sprints in the workouts.  That is, after I recover.  Six weeks of no impact, no heavy weights.  Damn, damn, damn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment