Friday, February 26, 2016

CF Open WOD 16.1

Ok.  I did not sign up for The Open.  This is the third year I've skipped it.  2014, I had eye surgery, which demanded no exercise while healing; 2015 I had pneumonia, bronchitis and just generally felt like hell. 

This year, quite honestly, I feel like I've just let myself go.  That is shocking to actually put into print.  As I type this, and put it out there, I feel like it should motivate me to do something about it. 

What I mean is, I haven't been lifting as heavy as I should/could.  I've been scaling almost every WOD, when I really should be pushing harder and trying to do the harder/heavier stuff.  I've just kind of thrown my hands up and said, "I'm old".  You know what?  Fuck that!!  I'm not old...I'm 52. I don't know where I let the "old" get into my head, but it did.   I've got to re-engage and get my mind back in the right place and start giving a damn again.  I let myself get discouraged about a year ago and I just settled in to that mindset.  It stops now! 

Now, this doesn't mean I'm signing up for the Open.  No - It just means I'm taking a different approach - I'm going to start being a little more honest with myself and work harder when I want to slack off. 

So there! 

Open WOD 16.1
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
25-ft. overhead walking lunge
8 burpees
25-ft. overhead walking lunge
8 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Men lunge 95 lb.
Women lunge 65 lb.

My score:  4 rds + 4 pull ups into round 5 = 126 reps

Scaled with 55# front rack lunges, kipping pull ups


The killer on this is the lunges.  The pull ups were almost a relief at the end of the round.  I had no preconceived notion of how many rounds I would get, but feel like I put in a good effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment