Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pyramid Double Hell(en)

This, I believe, is the first time I've ever done this workout. 

I enjoy regular old Helen - it's a quick but challenging workout.  But this...this is just a damn beat-down.

PYRAMID DOUBLE “HELEN” CF Games WOD 2010
For time:
Run 1200 meters
63 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
36 Pull-ups
Run 800 meters
42 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
24 Pull-ups
Run 400 meters
21 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
12 Pull-ups
Within 90 seconds of completing Pyramid Double “Helen:”
1 rep max Shoulder-to-Overhead from Rack **can use front or back rack

My time:  38:45, Rx

Finisher:  105# 

I started to scale, but figured, what the heck.  I need the exercise.  I tried to calculate how long it would take me and came up with 40 minutes.  I was glad I finished in under that time, but I still didn't make the 35 min cut-off.  I had to go to my happy place in my mind and keep chipping away at the reps until I finished.  I only had the energy for one lift after that, and went with a number I knew was a sure thing. 

Great day to be alive!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment