Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Squat Snatches

For time:

10 Squat snatches (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
50 Lateral jumps over barbell
8 Squat snatches
40 Lateral jumps over barbell
6 Squat snatches
30 Lateral jumps over barbell
4 Squat snatches
20 Lateral jumps over barbell
2 Squat snatches
10 Lateral jumps over barbell

My time: 14:15, using 65#

This was a super fun workout! I'm finally getting to where I'm not afraid of these lateral jumps, although I did trip a couple times. Squat snatches - form felt good during the workout, had one miss early on, but just the one. Need to work on going heavier on this particular lift. I think my PR on it is around 90 or 95, but I stayed low to work on my form. Loved the workout!

The strength component today was, of course, squat snatch:
rep scheme: 1 rep every 2 min for 20 min (10 lifts)
my lifts: 45-50-60-65-65*-65-70-75*-75-70

*On my second 5th lift (65 lbs) I failed because I wasn't finishing properly. Retried the lift and got it.

*On my 8th lift (75 lbs) I failed, again because I wasn't finishing properly. Retried the lift and made it. Stayed at 75 for another rep and went back down to 70 because I could feel my form must breaking down on that 9th lift.


No comments:

Post a Comment