Thursday, August 30, 2012

To the moon!

There was a full moon this morning.  Actually a Blue Moon - the 2nd full moon of the month.  Breck started talking about the anniversary of the first man walking on the moon.  I said, "I remember watching it on TV!", followed by "Shit, I'm old!"  Ha ha!  That first moon walk was in 1969.  Think about that and let it sink in for a minute. 1969.  Most of the people in the 5 am class today weren't even a bad dream in 1969.  I was six years old then!  I've seen a lot of pretty cool stuff happen in my life, and vividly remember watching that moon walk in black and white.  And really, I don't feel that old. 

Anyway, the warmup this morning included a min-WOD:

Attempt to get 20 wall ball shots in 30 seconds
rest 30 seconds
Attempt to get 30 wall ball shots in a minute
rest a minute
Attempt to get 40 wall ball shots in a minute and a half
rest a minute and a half
Attempt to get 50 wall ball shots in two minutes

My total reps:  78
breakdown was 14, 15, 21, 28


Then we warmed up on Hang Power Snatch, and then the WOD:

For time:
750 Meter row
21 Ring dips
500 Meter row
15 Ring dips
250 Meter row
9 Ring dips

My time:  11:12, bar dips

Immediately followed by 5 minutes of time to find your 3 rep max Hang Power Snatch. 

I did three sets:
75
80
85

TGIF!  (Oh wait...it's not really Friday, but I'm taking four days off!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment