Monday, May 3, 2010

Not a bad start to the week.

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

400 Meter run
30 Sit-ups (Hands interlaced behind the head with feet unanchored)
20 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb bumper plate, Women 25 lb bumper plate)

Total rounds: 4

I have the bad habit of waking up each morning saying, "I hope we don't have to run today". The thing is, I am so slow that I dislike the idea of running, but once we get going it's not so bad.

I need to run, and I know this. I will not get better/faster if I don't practice.

I had been running a bit on my own after work, but have slacked off lately. This morning when I was saying, "I hope we don't have to run", Allan said to me, "If you don't like running, why did you sign up for a 5K?". Good point, my dear. Yeah, I signed up for a 5K and it's only 2 weeks away, and I need to be ready for it. So no more negative thoughts about running. I need to get out and run on my own in the evenings like I had been doing. Today, I'll run hills after work while Allan mows. And I'll like it!!
*
Strength component today was Overhead Squats 5 sets of 5

5 @ 65
5 @ 85 (fail on rep 5 - I was rushing it!)
5 @ 85
5 @ 90
5 @ 95

No comments:

Post a Comment