Friday, September 5, 2014

TGIF!

I was rebellious this morning.  To begin with, I barely slept.  My husband snored like a grizzly last night and at one point I even contemplated putting a pillow over his head.  It was a fleeting thought, and I laughed at myself for even thinking it.  But Holy Smokes - he can snore!  I'm wearing the best earplugs money can buy and I can STILL hear him.  Maybe I should add on my noise-cancelling headphones? 

Anyway, as I was saying, I was rebellious this morning.  The strength was The Bear Complex.  Just one "max" set.  But I did not have any interest in doing that, so I worked on my favorite lift, Squat Cleans! 

My reps/loads:  5-3-2-1-1-1 @ 65-85-105-115-120-125

Sure felt good to do a few of those.  It's been a while!  I was nowhere near a PR, but still felt good. And it felt good to be a little rebellious too.  :)

WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:
12 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
9 Ring dips
6 Handstand push-ups

My time:  12:37

I was about 14 seconds faster than last time we did this.  I used the 14# ball today and it didn't seem like too much torture, with only 12 reps per round.  My bar dips, though still not too deep, are getting better.  I think.  I bet Breck doesn't think so.  Ha ha! And, I of course used 2 abmats for my HSPU.

Ready for the weekend.

Except we cancelled our pool party for tomorrow.  :(

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment