Monday, June 20, 2011

“Elizabeth”

21-15 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Squat clean (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
Ring dips

My time: 19:01, Rx*

*I used the Rx weight of 95 lbs on the squat cleans and I was doing ring dips. My ring dips start out with decent depth, though not completely "legit" (I'm working on it!), but they end up being about an inch and a half depth by the end.

We have previously had this "as Rx" at 85 lbs. This heavier weight of 95 on the squat cleans really slowed me down. I can do a 95 lb squat clean no problem...not anywhere close to a PR weight for me. But stringing that many of them together really takes the wind out of my sails! Squat clean is actually one of my favorite lifts. I had two lifts in the workout that didn't feel solid. One I had the bar out too far in front of me and it pulled me forward onto my toes. The other, I just had a funny grip and didn't release it properly and the whole lift just felt awkward. No misses, though, which is awesome!!

Wendler Push Press, deloading week:
5 ea @ 35-40-45

We also did Split Jerks for a strength component today:
rep scheme: 3-3-3-3-3
my loads: 65-75-80-85-90


No comments:

Post a Comment