Thursday, April 25, 2013

Snatch this!

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:

7 Power snatches (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
7 Chest to bar pull-up

My rounds:  5 + 4 snatches - kipping plu

Ah, snatches!  It's easy to love them when they're light weight power snatches, right?  If I could've just done 10 minutes of power snatches I'd have been perfectly happy with that as a workout.  I know back during The Open I talked all big about working chest-to-bar pull ups all year, but today I did only two or three and decided I'd be better off doing kipping in the WOD.  So I kipped.  I still need to work c2b.

I am, however, making a concerted effort to do a few strict pull ups in the warm up every day.  I figure if I get better/stronger at those I am building strength that can only help the kip and chest to bar pull ups.  Plus, B makes strict pull ups look SO freakin' easy, I'm totally in awe of her, and I wanna be just like her when I grow up.  Ha ha!


Strength today was overhead squats

5 ea @ 55-65-70-75-80

Feeling the soreness from the previous three days, mostly in my shoulders.  Knees felt pretty decent today - I even skipped the knee sleeves.

I'm ready for Friday - Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment