Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things that make me smile...

I love dumbbell workouts. They make me smile.

I love even more when I look at the posted WOD before I get out of bed and it makes me laugh. As in "clapping push ups you've got to be kidding!"

Until the warm up today I'd never even attempted one. But I did a few in the warm up and managed to not do a face plant. However, in the interest of time, I didn't do them in the WOD.

WOD:

10-20 & 30 rep rounds for time of:

Dumbbell hang split clean, alternating legs (Men 45 lb dumbbells, Women 30 lb dumbbells)
Clapping push-ups

My time: 13:35, Rx weight, hand release push ups

OK, so, I was going to scale down to 25 lb dumbbells, but my dear sweet friend B (who forgets I'm 20 years older than her) kindly went and got me 30 lb dumbbells after shaming me into it. Actually, the dumbbell portion of the WOD was the best part. It's the push ups that killed me. And I didn't even do clapping...just hand release. Anyway, I ended up liking this workout way more than I thought I would.

Strength today was Snatch Balance. Went a little light because the "bringing the bar down" portion kills my shoulder. It's getting a little better though. Just going to continue to baby it a while.

my loads: 3 ea @ 35-45-55-60-65

No comments:

Post a Comment